The following visitors stayed in the village during August 1889 (from the list published in the Evesham Journal, 31 August 1889):
Broad Street (Mrs J. Stanley): Mr and Mrs Appleby and family (Birmingham).
Broad Street (Misses Tennent): Mr and Mrs Russell (Brighton), Sister Agatha (London).
Cowley House (Mrs Righton): Mr and Mrs Atkinson (India), Miss Weston (Salisbury), Mrs Dixon (London), Miss Roberts (Cheltenham).
Downside House (Mrs Herbert): Mr and Mrs Haynes-Williams and Miss Haynes-Williams.
Farnham House: Mr and Mrs Pemberton and family (Birmingham).
High Street (Mrs Newman): Mr Hingley (Birmingham)
Ivy House (Mrs A. Herbert): Mr and Mrs Milward and Miss Milward (Highgate), Miss Katie Manning (London)
The Knapp (Mrs S. Savage): The Rev. W. Flory and family (Leamington).
The Laurels (Mrs Arthur Smith): Mr and Mrs Manson and family (New York).
Lygon Arms Hotel (Mr Charles Drury): Mrs Huntingdon and family (New York), Mrs Bacon and family (America), Mr Bartlett.
Russell House: Mr and Mrs Frank D. Millet and family (New York), Mr Harold and Mrs Nettie Huxley Roller, Mr Edwin Austin Abbey (London).
Russell House Cottage: Mrs Barnard and family (London), the Misses Faraday (London).
Sunnyside (Mrs Kendrick): Mr J.T. Evans, Miss Evans and Mr J. Evans (New York).