The foundation stone for St Mary’s School was laid on 22 May 1851 by Mr W. Varley. The school was built by William Hensley’s building firm, Broadway. The Ceremony of Blessing was held by The Very Rev. Father Vincent (Grotti) and a sermon given by Rev. Father Thomas.
The building on the Willersey Road (now Leamington Road) was opened on 1851.
St Joseph’s School Cottage, built as the head teacher’s residence was built in 1855.