John Higford Griffiths was the son of Daniel Griffiths and Sarah Higford from Alderton. He was baptised in Buckland in 1766.
John was an Attorney at Law (solicitor) and lived at Austin House, Broadway, with his wife, Christian Myers Rodd (they married in 1792). John was also the owner of Top Farm in Broadway, and Briar Hill Farm in Broad Campden along with several other farmsteads in the area.
John died suddenly after a short illness in December 1834 at his home in Broadway. One of the bells in St Eadburgha’s Church, also dedicated to Thomas Frost, is inscribed with his name.
The eldest son of John and Christian, John Rodd Griffiths, also a solicitor, was baptised at St Eadburgha’s Church, Broadway, on 23 March 1797. He married Susannah Eden of Lower Norton, Norton Hall in 1822. The couple also lived at Austin House, Broadway, until they moved, in 1831, to Chipping Camden to the house now known as Bedfont.