St Saviour’s Church, Leamington Road
A chapel was built in 1828-9 (Rev. John Birdsall) for a Benedictine community, later used by the Passionists and now a parish church (since 2000).
A new monastery was built on the site in 1850 to replace the original chapel. In the 1920s and 1930s, in addition to the Rector and Parish Priest, there was a Novice Master and upwards of 20 novices at any one time being instructed and admitted to the Order.