Between 1221 and 1229, Randulph, Abbot of Evesham (from 1214-1229), built a chapel dedicated to the Blessed Trinity at the north end, Nether End, of the “toune of Bradweye”.
The Chapel, a small stone building with a bell turret, measured just 33’2” x 16’11” with an east window with pointed arch and trefoil, a recessed light with trefoil in the north and two flat-topped windows with trefoil headed lights in the south. There was a singing gallery in a dormer window in the south facing part of the roof and a fire place on the north side of the chancel. A small stone bowl was used as a font under the east window.
The pulpit was painted in blue and gold with an inscription along the top cornice: Whyer the Word of God is not preached the people perish which dates back to the Bishop’s Bible of 1568. The pulpit was moved to St Eadburgha’s Church when the Chapel was demolished but by accident the colouring and lettering were removed when the pulpit was restored in 1917.
The Chapel was refurbished in 1608 and a bell with the inscription Pro Rege Et Populo (For King and Country) was installed in the tower. In 1618, Jane Sheldon left 50 shillings in her will for repairs to the building.
The Chapel had three pews, one on the north side, one near the door to the west and another under the singing gallery. The remaining seating was provided by benches. Around the Chapel was a small cemetery and garden.
The Chapel was used as a Sunday School and Evening Prayers were held on Sunday Evenings. The chapel bell was rung every morning at 9 o’clock and every evening at 8 o’clock for Matins and Vespers from Michaelmas to Lady Day.
In 1839, the Chapel was declared unfit and was demolished. The Church of St Michael and All Angels’ was built on the site.
The chapel bell stayed on site and is now in St Michael’s. The chapel dome was for many years in the garden of the Vicarage in Leamington Road and when the Vicarage was demolished, to make way for Shear House, the dome passed to Audrey Patrick, the daughter of the former Vicar, Mr V.H. Patrick (who had retired in October 1953).