Fire at Farncombe House

Publication: Evesham Standard & West Midland Observer, 13 June 1942

Fire which broke out at Farncombe House, the residence of Captain Frank Burges, O.B.E., J.P., and Mrs Burges, called slight damage. It started in one of the first floor bathrooms close to a boiler flue. MR. Beacham, an employee, removed some floor boards in an attempt to get at the fire. Broadway Fire Brigade (under Leading Fireman Frank Steward) and the Stratford-on-Avon were called. The outbreak was soon put out with the aid of a stirrup pump.